美国口语惯用语

1. You are a dreamboat (口语).
你是位(异性所追求的)理想人选
dreamland, dream world: 梦境,梦乡
The girl is a perfect dream.
这个女孩子太美了。
  
2. You are such a dish.
你是个绝色美人  
dish:【俚语】A good-looking person, especially an attractive woman.
亮丽的女子漂亮的人,尤指迷人的女子 

3. I’ve been dying to meet you.
我非常非常想见到你
I’m dying to get this job.
I’ve been dying to go on a long holiday.  

4.Every time I see you, you leave me out in the cold (被冷落).
每次我见到你,你都不睬我   
Sam was out in the cold in the conversation.
She never left anybody out in the cold when she entertained friends.

5. I only have eyes for you.
我只在意你
但是have/keep an eye on 为: 注意/看着某人/事 
keep an eye on the child while I am away.

6. I’d do anything to see you crack a smile.
为了博得你的一笑,我情愿做任何事
The glass will crack if you pour boiling water into it. 
crack a smile: 展颜微笑 
cracker: 饼干; 爆竹,鞭炮
crack down:惩罚;
crack sb./sth up 颂扬某人(物)
crack a joke: 说笑话
crack a bottle: 打开酒瓶喝酒.

7. You swept me off my feet.
你使我神魂颠倒
be swept off one’s feet: 为感情所克服;充满热忱
sweep the floor / The wind swept my hat off.  
 
8. You don’t have a care in the world.
你不知人间烦恼为何物
have a care: 忧虑,操心
free from care /care-free: 无忧无虑
care-laden/care-worn; 忧心忡忡的, 操心劳碌的  
  
9. I’m still trying to get to second base with you.
我仍旧试着想和你发展到’第二阶段’
(在美国,first base 指拉手,接吻,second base 指抚摩等,third base 指做爱)   
second base: 二垒, 二垒手职位

10. If you don’t want to lose me, you’d better lay it on the line.
如果你不想失去我,就最好一五一十地告诉我吧  
lay it on the line还有”付款”的意思。 
lose: He got lost in the forest.(他在森林中迷路。) The company is losing money.(公司正在赔钱。)
lie: lay lain 躺下,卧 He lay on the grass enjoying the sunshine.
lay: laid laid: 置放 He laid his hand on my shoulder./ Are your hens laying yet?
lie: lied lied: 撒谎 He lie to me. What a pack of lies! 一派胡言.

11. Tell me your story, I’m all ears.
告诉我你的故事,我洗耳恭听
be all ears: 专心倾听
up to the ears in work: 工作极其繁忙
in at one ear and out at the other:左耳进右耳出
Were your ears burning last night? 昨晚你的耳朵发烧没有?   

12.Someday, when your ship comes in, you’ll build your dream house.
总有一天,当你有钱时,你会建造你梦想的家 。   

13. I hope your idea takes wing.
我希望你的想法成真 。
wing 还有”即兴…”的意思
She hadn’t studied for the exam, so she decided to wing it.
她没有为考试准备,所以决定临场发挥。
   
14. I wish that you would put/lay your cards on the table (公开地摆在桌面上,摊牌).
我希望你干脆把话挑明
Bush said: It’s time for people to show their cards. Let the world know where they stand when it comes to Saddam. 
card-vote: 卡片投票
play one’s card well: 做事精明
a sure/safe/card: 万全的办法
card-sharper: 已纸牌骗赌为生者
  
15. Have you ever seen your old flame? 你还见过你的旧情人吗 ?
The house was in flames. 房子着火了.
The flames of sunset: 似火的晚霞
His face flamed with anger. 他激怒而脸红了.
Flaming enthusiasm: 狂热   

16. If the shoe fits, wear it.
如果是真的,就承认吧。    
  
17.This experience will make me show my true color (露出真面目).
这种经历将使我暴露我的本性

18. Truth needs no color; beauty , no pencil.
真理不需色彩,美丽不需涂饰.      
lower one’s color: 让步, 投降
stick to one’s color:坚持自己的立场
give a false color to: 曲解, 歪曲  

19.I have a bottomed-down mind.
我是个没有什么独到见解的人
bottom:底部 He was seated at the bottom of the long table(末座). 
She smacked the child’s bottom (屁股).
Who’s at the bottom of this business (根源, 主人)?
What’s your bottom price (最低价)?
from the bottom of my heart: 真诚地, 衷心地

20. I have no direction, I just get wherever the wind blows.
我没有方向,只是随风到处飘  
  
21.I can’t burn the candle at both ends forever.
我不能永远这么过分地消耗精力
hold a candle to the sun
The game is not worth the candle. 此事做起来的不偿失。
Candle-light; 烛光
    
22.We could make beautiful music together.
我们也许会是和谐幸福的一对儿   

23.You are always trying to get my goat (惹某人发火).
你总是想惹我发火  
separate the sheep from goats: 分清好人与坏人

24.I’m a man of my word.
我是个讲信用的人   

25.Someday you’re going to have to face the music (勇敢地面对困难, 接受应得的惩罚) for your actions.
总有一天,你将不得不承担自己的行为所带来的后果   

26.Just cool your heels !
好了,安静会儿吧
take to one’s heels: 逃走  
turn on one’s heel; 转身
lay sb. By the heels: 监视
heels over head: 颠倒   

27.Save your breath (不说话, 沉默)! I don’t want to hear it.
不要说了,我不想听   

28. We all like your cooking.
我们都喜欢你的烹调手艺。

29. We all like your working style.
I don’t like you talking to me like that.

30.They would all have been invited if there had been room.
如果有足够的地方,他们都会被邀请。
We would have sent you the samples for your approval if there had not been any defects.
We would have arranged to try your mold if we had had enough capability.

31. Every Monday is horrible.
每个星期一都是很可怕的。
That’s a horrible film.

32.Let me buy you a drink.
让我给你买点喝的。
Let me get you something to eat.

33.I saw her running along the road.
我看她沿着马路在跑。
I saw a burglar breaking into that house.
I saw that policewoman helping an elderly lady walking across the street.

34、Even though I didn’t understand a word, I kept smiling.
我虽然一句也听不懂,却一直在微笑。
Even though he knew he couldn’t manage to meet the schedule, he still promised to deliver the mold to the customer on time.
Even though she is not young any more, she keeps on learning English.
Even though I didn’t understand a word,I kept smiling.

35. I’m alternately happy and depressed.
我时而高兴,时而消沉。 But I’m very happy today.

36. I think marriage is a bit of a mistake.
我想结婚多少是个错误。

37. They would all have been invited if there had been room.
女孩说:”今天星期一,Every Monday is horrible.我们逃学到这里。”

38.Li ming is the black sheep of his family.
李明是个败家子。

39. She’s a natural crier. 她是个天生爱哭的人。

40. He’s really a law-down dirty shame.
他真是个不知羞耻的家伙。
  
41. He’s good-time Charlie, feeling no worries and anxieties.
他可是个乐天派,整天无忧无虑的。

42. In the skills of driving, Xiao Li and Xiao Wang are neck and neck.
论开车技术,不李和小王那真是不分上下。

43. He had racked his brain.
他已绞尽了脑汁。

44. He’s a brain.
他可是个有头脑的人。

45. Li ming has a lot on the ball.
李明很能干。

46. The man you’ve just mentioned is but a poor apology for a writer.
你刚才提到的那个作家只不过是个有名无实的人。

47. He really has no guts.
他真的太没骨气了。

48. A flash in the pan 昙花一现

49. He doesn’t know beans about insurance business at all.
他对保险业务一窍不通。  
 
50. he girl was brave enough, but as being out numbered, she was finally knocked into the middle of next week by the gang.
她很勇敢,但终因寡不敌众,被那帮人打晕过去。

51. He always like to play a lone hand.
他喜欢单枪匹马地去干。

52. He got off on the wrong foot when he started doing it.
他一开始就出师不利。

53. You’re still wet behind the ears.
你还嫩点儿。

54. She eats like a bird.
她的饭量特别小。

55. That boy never says uncle.
那个孩子的嘴特别硬。

56. Our team gained the upper hand.
我们队占上风。

57. You rose to the bait.
你中圈套了。

58. I’m from Missouri.
你骗不了我。

59.Play to the score.见机行事

60.There must be someone who had put him up to that.
肯定有人唆使他去干那件事。 (正式:唆使=instigate )

61.Money has been really tight lately.
欠钱最每面子,就算你说出一万个理由别人也不会相信你的. 但是还的说 ‘ 我最近手头确实有点紧.’

62. I have had too many other expenses.
另外我还有很多其它的开销业很大, 有太多其它费用要付.

63. It’s not like that. 不是那样的.

It’s not like that.
这句话是用来辟谣的。当别人误会了一件事的来龙去脉,你就可以跟他说:
It’s not like that.「不是那样的。」当然随着语气及情境的不同,
It’s not like that.这句话也有可能是你用来硬拗的借口。

64.There is nothing good playing. 没好电影可看
这里的There’s nothing good playing.是接着问句而来的,指的是「没有好电影可看。」
同样的,若是电视上没有好节目可看,你就可以说:
There’s nothing good on TV.

65. I’ve gotten carried away. 我扯太远了。
get carried away字面上的意思是「被带走了」,那么被带走的是什么呢?就是心思。
当你或是他人说话的时候离了题,偏离主旨扯远了。你就可以用上这个表达法:
I’ve / You’ve gotten carried away.

66. Good thing… 还好,幸好…
在美语当中若要表达中文里「还好,幸好…」的语气,你就可以用Good thing…做开头。这个句型非常简单又好用,你只要在Good thing后面加上完整的句子就可以。

67. I don’t believe you’re bringing this up. 你现在提这件事真是岂有此理
bring something up是指「提到(某件事)」。
当然情况会有正反两面。你若没想到对方会提起这件事讨骂,你可以说:
I don’t believe you’re bringing this up.
而反过来说,若你很高兴对方主动提起了一件事,你也可以用这个词组,自然说出:
I am glad you are bringing this up.

68. spy on… 跟监(某人)
spy这个字就是「间谍」。当动词用的意思自然就是「做间谍做的事」,也就是「监视,跟踪」之意。
当你要去监视跟踪某人,美语中就说成spy on someone。

69. There’s no other way of saying it. 没有别种说法 .
有时候不管你再怎么转、再怎么拗,也没有办法更婉转或是避开一些绝对会出现的字,这时候
你就可以用上There’s no other way of saying it.
这句话,来表达自己避无可避的为难,因为「没有别种说法。」

70. That will not always be the case. 情况不会永远是这样.
case这个字有「情况」的意思:
That will be the case.
就是指「情况就会是这样了。」
但是你若觉得现在的情况只会是暂时,不会长久,你就可以反过来说:
That will not always be the case.
「情况不会永远是这样。」

71. Money is not everything. There’s Master card & Visa.
钞票不是万能的,有时还需要信用卡。
  
72. One should love animals. They are so tasty.
每个人都应该热爱动物,因为它们很好吃。
  
73. Save water. Shower with your girlfriend.
要节约用水,尽量和女友一起洗澡。
  
74. Love the neighbor. But don’t get caught.
要用心去爱你的邻居,不过不要让她的老公知道。
  
75. Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every
unsuccessful man, there are two.
每个成功男人的背后,都有一个女人。每个不成功男人的背后,都有两个。
  
76. Every man should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
再快乐的单身汉迟早也会结婚,幸福不是永久的嘛。
  
77. The wise never marry, And when they marry they become otherwise.
聪明人都是未婚的,结婚的人很难再聪明起来。

78. Success is a relative term. It brings so many relatives.
成功是一个相关名词,他会给你带来很多不相关的亲戚(联系)。
  
79. Never put off the work till tomorrow what you can put off today.
不要等明天交不上差再找借口,今天就要找好。
  
80. Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.
爱情就象照片,需要大量的暗房时间来培养。 (老外也保守,要摸黑办事,哈哈)
  
81. Children in backseats cause accidents. Accidents in backseats cause children.
后排座位上的小孩会生出意外,后排座位上的意外会生出小孩。
  
82.”Your future depends on your dreams.” So go to sleep.
“现在的梦想决定着你的将来”,所以还是再睡一会吧。
  
83.There should be a better way to start a day than waking up every morning.
应该有更好的方式开始新一天,而不是千篇一律的在每个上午都醒来。
  
84. “Hard work never killed anybody.” But why take the risk? ”
“努力工作不会导致死亡!”不过我不会用自己去证明。

85. “Work fascinates me.” I can look at it for hours! ”
“工作好有意思耶!”尤其是看着别人工作。
  
86. God made relatives; Thank God we can choose our friends.
神决定了谁是你的亲戚,幸运的是在选择朋友方面他给了你留了余地。
  
87. When two’s company, three’s the result!
两个人的状态是不稳定的,三个人才是!
  
88. A dress is like a barbed fence. It protects the premises without restricting the view.
服饰就象铁丝网,它阻止你冒然行动但并不妨碍你尽情的观看。
  
89. The more you learn, the more you know, The more you know, the more you forget. The more you forget, the less you know. So why bother to learn.
学的越多,知道的越多,知道的越多,忘记的越多,忘记的越多,知道的越少,为什么学来着?
 
90. I’m an office worker.
我是上班族。

91. I work for the government.
我在政府机关做事。

92. I’m happy to meet you.
很高兴见到你。

93. I like your sense of humor.
我喜欢你的幽默感。

94. I’m glad to see you again.
很高兴再次见到你。

95. I’ll call you.
我会打电话给你。

96. I feel like sleeping/ taking a walk.
我想睡/散步。

97. I want something to eat.
我想吃点东西。

98. I need your help.
我需要你的帮助。

99. I would like to talk to you for a minute.
我想和你谈一下。

100. I have a lot of problems.
我有很多问题。

101. I hope our dreams come true.
我希望我们的梦想成真。

102. I’m looking forward to seeing you.
我期望见到你。

103. I’m supposed to go on a diet / get a raise.
我应该节食/涨工资。

104. I heard that you’re getting married. Congratulations.
听说你要结婚了,恭喜!

105. I see what your mean.
我了解你的意思。

106. I can’t do this.
我不能这么做。

107. Let me explain why I was late.
让我解释迟到的理由。

108. Let’s have a beer or something.
咱们喝点啤酒什么的。

109. where is your office?
你们的办公室在哪?

110. What is your plan?
你的计划是什么?

111. When is the store closing?
这家店什么时候结束营业?

112. Are you sure you can come by at nine?
你肯定你九点能来吗?

113. Am I allowed to stay out past 10?
我可以十点过后再回家吗?

114. The meeting was scheduled for two hours, but it is not over yet.
会议原定了两个小时,不过现在还没有结束。

115. Tom’s birthday is this week.
汤姆的生日就在这个星期。

116. Would you care to see it/ sit down for a while?
你要不要看/坐一会呢?

117. Can you cover for me on Friday/help me/ tell me how to get there?
星期五能不能请你替我个班/你能帮我吗/你能告诉我到那里怎么走吗?

118. Could you do me a big favor?
能否请你帮我个忙?

119. He is crazy about Crazy English.
他对疯狂英语很着迷。

120. Can you imagine how much he paid for that car?
你能想象他买那车花了多少钱吗?

121. Can you believe that I bought a TV for $25?
你能相信我花25美元买了一台电视机吗?

122. Did you know he was having an affair/cheating on his wife?
你知道他有外遇了吗?/欺骗他的妻子吗?

123. Did you hear about the new project?
你知道那个新项目吗?

124. Do you realize that all of these shirts are half off?
你知道这些衬衫都卖半价了吗?

125. Do you mind if I take tomorrow off?
你介意我明天请假吗?

126. I enjoy working with you very much.
我很喜欢和你一起工作。

127. Did you know that Stone ended up marrying his secretary?
你知道吗?斯通最终和他的秘书结婚了。

128. Let’s get together for lunch.
让我们一起吃顿午餐吧。

129. How did you do on your test?
你这次考试的结果如何?

130. Do you think you can come?
你认为你能来吗?

131. How was your weekend ?
你周末过得怎么样?

132. Here is my card.
这是我的名片。

133. He is used to eating out all the time.
他已经习惯在外面吃饭了。

134. I’m getting a new computer for birthday present.
我得到一台计算机作生日礼物。

135. Have you ever driven a BMW?
你有没有开过”宝马”?

136. How about if we go tomorrow instead?
我们改成明天去怎么样?

137. How do you like Hong Kong?
你喜欢香港吗?

138. How do you want your steak?
你的牛排要几分熟?

139. How did the game turn out?
球赛结果如何?

140. How did Mary make all of her money?
玛丽所有的钱是怎么赚到的?

141. How was your date?
你的约会怎么样?

142. How are you doing with your new boss?
你跟你的新上司处得如何?

143. How should I tell him the bad news?
我该如何告诉他这个坏消息?

144. How much money did you make?
你赚了多少钱?

145. How much does it cost to go abroad?
出国要多少钱?

146. How long will it take to get to your house?
到你家要多久?

147. How long have you been here?
你在这里多久了?

148. How nice/pretty/cold/funny/stupid/boring/interesting.

149. How about going out for dinner?
出去吃晚餐如何?

150. I’m sorry that you didn’t get the job.
很遗憾,你没有得到那份工作。

151. I’m afraid that it’s not going to work out.
我恐怕这事不会成的。

152. I guess I could come over.
我想我能来。

153. Is it okay to smoke in the office?
在办公室里抽烟可以吗?

154. It was kind of exciting.
有点剌激。

155. I know what you want.
我知道你想要甚么。

156. Is that why you don’t want to go home?
这就是你不想回家的原因吗?

157. I’m sure we can get you a great / good deal.
我很肯定我们可以帮你做成一笔好交易。

158. Would you help me with the report?
你愿意帮我写报告吗?

159. I didn’t know he was the richest person in the world.
我不知道他是世界上最有钱的人。

160. I’ll have to ask my boss/wife first.
我必须先问一下我的老板/老婆。

161. I take it you don’t agree.
这么说来,我认为你是不同意。

162. I tried losing weight, but nothing worked.
我曾试着减肥,但是毫无效果。

163. It doesn’t make any sense to get up so early.
那么早起来没有任何意义。

164. It took years of hard work to speak good English.
讲一口流利的英语需要多年的刻苦操练。

165.It feels like spring/ I’ve been here before.
感觉好象春天到了/我以前来过这里。

166.I wonder if they can make it.
我在想他们是不是能办得到。

167. It’s not as cold / hot as it was yesterday.
今天不想昨天那么冷/热。

168. It’s not his work that bothers me; it’s his attitude.
困扰我的不是他的工作,而是他的态度。

169. It sounds like you enjoyed it.
听起来你好象蛮喜欢的。

170. It seems to me that be would like to go back home.
我觉得他好象想要回家。

171. It looks very nice.
看起来很漂亮。

172. Is everything under control?
一切都在掌握之中吗?

173. I thought you could do a better job.
我以为你的表现会更好。

174. It’s time for us to say “No” to America.
是我们对美国说不的时候了。

175. The show is supposed to be good.
这场表演应当是相当好的。

176. It really depends on who is in charge.
那纯粹要看谁负责了。

177. It involves a lot of hard work.
那需要很多的辛勤工作。

178. That might be in your favor.
那可能对你有利。

179. I didn’t realize how much this meant to you.
我不知道这个对你的意义有这么大。

180. I didn’t mean to offend you.
我不是故意冒犯你。

181. I was wondering if you were doing anything this weekend.
我想知道这个周末你有什么要做。

182. May I have your attention., please?
请大家注意一下。

183. This is great golfing / swimming/ picnic weather.
这是个打高尔夫球/游泳/野餐的好天气。

184. Thanks for taking me the movie.
谢谢你带我去看电影。

185. I am too tired to speak.
我累得说不出活来。

186. Would you tell me your phone number?
你能告诉我你的电话号码吗?

187. where did you learn to speak English?
你从哪里学会说英语的呢?

188. There is a TV show about AIDS on right now.
电视正在播放一个关于爱滋病的节目。

189. What do you think of his new job/ this magazine?
你对他的新工作/这本杂志看法如何?

190. Take your time. You know that easier said than done.
别着急, 慢慢来。你知道,说起来轻松,做起来难。

192. My motto is that easy come, easy go.
我的理念是:”来得容易,去得也快。”

193.You should go easy on the boy, he’s only young.
你应该对这孩子宽容些, 他还小呢。

194. I want to take things easy when I’m on vacation.
在度假时我想过得轻松些。

195. He likes leading an easy life.
他喜欢过安逸舒适的生活。

196. She is an easy prey.
她是个容易受伤的女孩。

197. Don’t take easy money.
不义之财不可取。

198. Easy with that bike, one of its wheels is loose.
挪车子要小心, 有一个轮子松了。

199.You should go easy. You’ve getting tired.
你要省点劲,否则会累坏的。

200. How do I address you?
我该怎样称呼你?
I’m applying for a new business address.
我正在申请新的办公地址。
Mr.King is addressing the meeting now. Mr. King
正在会上发表演说。
Please address me as uncle.
请叫我叔叔。
I address myself to the job all the day.
我整天都忙于工作。

相关日志

发表于:2005-07-02 10:07:02 at 10:07 分类:英语 发表评论 Tags:

发表评论

(必填)

(必填)您的电子邮箱不会被公开。

Archives